Life With Onesies is reader supported! If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I really love making food that can be customized based on the ingredients I have in the house, and I love making food that doesn’t require having a recipe right in front of me or having to do a lot of measuring. Meaning even more dirty dishes to clean up after I finish. Tonight’s easy recipe is homemade pizza bagels and is SUPER simple. They’re kind of like homemade bagel bites, just a little healthier because you can choose better ingredients. Like whole wheat bagels, turkey pepperoni, reduced fat cheese, and even reduced sodium pizza sauce.
Pizza Bagel Ingredients
- Bagels (whole wheat makes for healthier pizza bagels)
- Cheese (I like mozzarella)
- Pizza topping such as: pepperoni, pineapple, olives, peppers, sausage, onions, etc
How to make homemade pizza bagels:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and spread bagel halves out on a cookie sheet. I usually do some wheat bagels and some white bagels.
Spread desired amount of pizza sauce on each bagel. I love the pizza sauce that comes in a squirt bottle. Life changing!
Top bagels with cheese and toppings. For toppings, I used pepperoni, olives, and pineapple. There are lots of other toppings for the bagels like Canadian bacon, sausage, onions, peppers, etc.
Then, put in the preheated oven, and cook until cheese is melted and bagels start to brown. This takes around 10 minutes for me. And that’s all the effort and time it takes to make homemade pizza bagels! Like having Bagel Bites but even tastier in my opinion!
Alternatively, if you don’t want to use the oven and just want a few bagels, toast those suckers in the toaster, top with toppings, and stick in the microwave until cheese melts!
What easy recipes do y’all use to cook bagels?
- Bagels multigrain or plain
- Pizza sauce
- Cheese mozzarella or pizza cheese
- Toppings: such as pepperoni, olives, pineapple, etc
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread bagels out on a cookie sheet.
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce on each bagel.
- Top bagels with cheese and toppings.
- Put in preheated oven, and cook until cheese is melted and bagels start to brown. This takes around 10 minutes for me.